Upcoming Neighborhood Events
Because Denver's Stay-at-Home order has been extended until May 8 and information on future orders is still unknown, the SLCG meeting scheduled for May 13 has been canceled. It is our hope that our meetings will be able to resume this summer. In the meantime, we hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy. Although the Sloan's Lake and West Colfax neighborhoods have been impacted by the virus, it has not been as severe as some other Denver neighborhoods. According to recently released figures, the Sloan's Lake neighborhood has had 17 confirmed cases of Covid 19 for an infection rate of 2 per 1,000 residents. The West Colfax neighborhood has had 41 confirmed cases for an infection rate of 2.9 per 1,000. In contrast, a number of Denver neighborhoods have infection rates over 6 per 1,000.
West Area Neighborhood Planning Initiative
- Denver Community Planning and Development (CPD) is kicking off the West Area Neighborhood Planning Initiative, which over the next 1-2 years, will replace the existing, individual "neighborhood plans" for West Colfax. Sun Valley, Valverde, Barnum, Barnum West, and Villa Park with a new combined plan. There is a now a survey online through the end of the month.
Sloan's Lake Park South Playground Project
- Parks and Recreation and the selected consultant will be designing the SW Sloan's Lake playground and adjacent picnic site with innovative play and picnic opportunities including shade in and around the play areas.
- Consultant teams will explore the latest thinking in play design to create a unique play environment while addressing pedestrian & maintenance vehicle circulation, ADA accessibility, lighting, safety surfacing, landscaping, irrigation, grading, drainage, water quality, signage and other issues identified during the design process.
- Parks and Recreation will engage the local community in innovative ways and to deliver a quality playground design.
- For more information, visit : http://denvergov.org/parkprojects