JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY POTLUCK
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Del Norte Veterans' Apartments. First Floor Community Room, 2635 Federal Blvd.
Upcoming Neighborhood Events
Please join us at our next, very important meeting on November 13th. We will be hearing from Denver Community Planning and Development (CPD) about the West Area Plan Neighborhood Planning Initiative (NPI) process, which is planning the future of the West Colfax neighborhood. We will also hear from Parks and Recreation, who wants to hear from you about ideas for the redesign of the Sloan's Lake South Playground! Please show up, and have a voice in the future of your neighborhood.
West Area Neighborhood Planning Initiative
- Denver Community Planning and Development (CPD) is kicking off the West Area Neighborhood Planning Initiative, which over the next 1-2 years, will replace the existing, individual "neighborhood plans" for West Colfax. Sun Valley, Valverde, Barnum, Barnum West, and Villa Park with a new combined plan. There is a now a survey online through the end of the month.
Sloan's Lake Park South Playground Project
- Parks and Recreation and the selected consultant will be designing the SW Sloan's Lake playground and adjacent picnic site with innovative play and picnic opportunities including shade in and around the play areas.
- Consultant teams will explore the latest thinking in play design to create a unique play environment while addressing pedestrian & maintenance vehicle circulation, ADA accessibility, lighting, safety surfacing, landscaping, irrigation, grading, drainage, water quality, signage and other issues identified during the design process.
- Parks and Recreation will engage the local community in innovative ways and to deliver a quality playground design.
- For more information, visit : http://denvergov.org/parkprojects